Our Vision, Mission, and Values
JCI is a membership-based nonprofit organization of young active citizens ages 18 to 40 in more than 100 countries who are dedicated to creating positive change in their communities. Each JCI member shares the belief that in order to create lasting positive change, we must improve ourselves and the world around us. JCI members take ownership of their communities by identifying problems and creating targeted solutions to create impact.
JCI Mandaue adheres to the vision, mission, and values as set forth by the Junior Chamber International (www.jci.org) and strives to the achievement of sustainable community engagement and leadership development while striking a balance in fulfilling membership camaraderie and brotherhood.
To be the leading global network of young, active citizens.
To provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
that faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
that the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
that economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
that government should be of laws rather than of men;
that earth’s great treasure lies in human personality;
and that service to humanity is the best work of life.
Founded by Ariston M. Cortes on March 15, 1964 with a group of Mandaue City’s foremost visionaries and leaders, and birthed as one of the earliest Junior Chamber International (JCI) chapters in the Philippines by JCI Cebu, Inc., JCI Mandaue holds the reputation as Mandaue City’s foremost all-male Junior Chamber and the second oldest JCI chapter in the Visayas. Over the years, the local organization has garnered numerous awards and opportunities to hosting official JCI events through the efforts of its brilliant presidents and proactive membership. JCI Mandaue continues to foster international partnership and understanding with its foreign sisterhood partnerships, further adding to its distinction among chapters in JCI Philippines.
JCI Mandaue has also been nicknamed the “Merry Men of Mandaue” because of the casual and fun atmosphere they imbue into all their projects and events. Regardless of background and profession, the brotherhood has managed to balance work and play while aligning to the tenets of the Junior Chamber International.
JCI Mandaue is duly registered with the Philippines’ Security & Exchange Commision (SEC) as a non-profit organization. It is managed by a Board of Directors, who are elected by its general membership to serve a term of one year. The Board of Directors is composed of thirteen positions namely — President, Executive Vice President – Internal, Executive Vice President – External, Chapter Secretary, Treasurer, Local Training Director (Appointed Position), Vice President – Individual, Vice President – Community, Vice President – Business, Vice President – International, Public Relations Officer, Legal Counsel, and Auditor.
These elected officers are entrusted with the responsibility of fulfilling the JCI tenets, activities and projects geared towards membership growth, active citizen engagement, leadership development, and sustainable community impact.
Our Past Presidents
No. Family Name First Name MI Year National Position / Year
1. CORTES , +ARISTON M. 1964
2. CORTES , +ZOILO M. 1965
3. AGOO , +ANTONIO T. 1966
4. PONCE , WILLIAM A. 1967 JCI Senator
5. SENO , ERIBERTO S. 1968 JCI Senator
6. OUANO , FELIPE JR. A. 1969 JCI Senator
7. VILLAGONZALO , TITO S. 1970
8. SENERPIDA , OSCAR D. 1971 RVP Central Visayas / JCI Senator
9. ABAO , JOEL JR. 1972 EVP / OIC to the National President
10. CASTILLO , SIXTO W. 1973 JCI Senator
11. SEVA , JOSE V. 1974 JCI Senator
12. YAP , BENITO M. 1975 JCI Senator
13. SARMIENTO , NICANOR JR. D. 1976 JCI Senator
14. SEE , PABLO S. 1977 JCI Senator
15. MARABELLA , ALEXANDER C. 1978
16. WYCOCO , ROMEO C. 1979 JCI Senator
17. CO , CARLOS G. 1980 JCI Senate National President / JCI Senator
18. MURCIA , ROGELIO Y. 1981 RVP Central Visayas / JCI Senator
19. DAMIAN , WILFREDO 1982
20. ABREGONDE , ARTHUR 1983
21. CASTELLANO , JORGE B. 1984
22. LEYSON , VICENTE JR. O. 1985
23. MANSUETO , ANTONIO 1986
24. CHONG , RUDY L. 1987 NVP Central Visayas
25. TIU , EDDIE D. 1988 JCI Senator
26. CHIONG , EDGAR C. 1989 JCI Senator
27. ZOSIMO , QUEZON JR. A. 1990 NVP Central Visayas / JCI Senator
28. BAUTISTA , CATALINO M. 1991
29. ASENTISTA , +RONITO T. 1992 JCI Senator
30. LEYSON , ALEX O. 1993
31. GO , FERNANDO C. 1994 JCI Senator
32. GO , SAMUEL U. 1995 NEVP for Area 4
33. RIVERA , MANUEL 1996 JCI Senator / JCI Senate BOD
34. TOLEDO , ROMEO L. 1997
35. GOTINGCO , ANTONIO G. 1998 JCI Senator
36. PILAR , RICHARD S. 1999
37. FLORES , JIMMY B. 2000 NVP Central Visayas
38. OUANO , +JULIUS V. 2001 JCI Senator
39. ASOY , FELIX 2002
40. ABAD , JOSE ALFONSO 2003
41. KUIZON , BENJAMINE RUEL 2004
42. SENCIO , ROY JOSEPH 2005 NEVP for Area 4
43. FORTUNA , CARLO PONTICO C. 2006 NEVP for Area 4 / JCI Senator
44. SENERPIDA , ALAIN O. 2007 JCI Senator
45. LATONIO , ED DANTE A. 2008
46. GABATE , NELSON 2009
47. PHUA , MARC ACHILLES M. 2010
48. CASTAÑARES , GODOFREDO JR. S. 2011
49. VILLANUEVA MICHAEL JAY A. 2012
50. TAN DISSTON T. 2013 RVP Area 4 – 2016 / NT – 2018 / NEVP – 2019 / JCI Senator
51. VERGARA RODENCIO IV 2014
52. CHONG ALVIN 2015
53. MONTEALTO RAMIL J 2016 National Chairman – Merchandise
54. LABITAG RICHARD SD 2017
55. TAE SUNG HO “ANDREW” 2018